Welcome to 458 Scituate Avenue. Built in 1728, the Sheldon House is an intact and historically significant, 18th century gambrel farmhouse which is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The interior is full of charm with its wide plank hardwood flooring of chestnut and pine, original raised paneled doors, shutters, and wainscoting. Antique lovers will appreciate the six working fireplaces and beehive ovens, providing a cozy atmosphere year round.
The home is surprisingly spacious with plenty of room for hosting gatherings with family and friends. A welcoming formal dining room is conveniently located near the fabulous chef’s kitchen, which was recently renovated with custom cabinetry and high end appliances. During the warmer months, enjoy outdoor dining and entertaining on the handsome raised deck overlooking a wonderful yard with outbuildings, fruit trees, and perennial gardens.
The nine room home provides four bedrooms and two full bathrooms, including a first floor master suite with its own private bath.
The Sheldon House is situated just a few minutes from all of the dining and shopping opportunities at the nearby Chapel View and Garden City Shopping Centers, as well as the many retail stores at the Warwick Mall. Just a few miles from Roger Williams Park and several nearby Country Clubs, the home is also located less than a 10 mile drive from all of the arts and entertainment of the Creative Capital, while further travel is simplified by convenient access to the airport and major interstates.